Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday

I have been off for a few days and trying not to get discouraged. I didn't come here catch-hungry because I know that is a sure way to fail but I do seriously need some catches and sitting around the intern house for 3 days isn't instilling a lot of confidence. I'm first on tonight so I might get a catch but it is with the staff midwife I fear the most so I'm nervous about that.

Anyhoo, C left and I am truly going to miss her. Her help and little secrets and tips were invaluable to me and her hilarity helped a lot too. She's one of the only people who could say to me, "I love Sarah Palin" and have me not throw up on them.

Last night we sat in the office with A'maya and chatted and watched a crappy (uber-crappy) movie while we discussed herpes protocols and HIV/AIDS conspiracies. The movie was Aeon Flux and it hurt my former film student soul to watch even 5 minutes of it it was so bad.

I made a teeny felt bear from The Cute Book for Stella instead of watching.

It's cool to hang out with everyone but I have a large personal time requirement. You have to do what you have to do to keep your sanity here, know what I mean? It's awesome to talk birth and babies all day and into the night but you have to make sure you take a breather and do some of the things you did in your old (pre-Casa) life or you might start to feel crazy. I have been watching Lost (OK, I'm obsessed) and I brought knitting projects and these awesome little felt projects to make for my kids and Stella, who is 5, has been thrilled to receive little felt bunnies and kitties in the mail.

It's kind of strange how attached you get to your meager possessions and personal space here. I mean, you'd cry for me if I showed you a picture of my bedroom space but to me it's like heaven at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment