Friday, August 28, 2009

My hopes

1. That Stella will rock kindergarten and be so busy that she won't she notice I'm gone
2. That my sister will get enough of a break during the day while my kids are at school and when Ronnie gets home to not feel completely exhausted
3. That I will get everything I need and more
4. That it will go by so fast I won't be able to believe it
5. That it will be awesome to be back in the company of midwives
6. That my shifts will be so busy I won't have time to think about how tired I am


EDITED 11/21/2010

None of that happened. Ok, that's not true but it sounded dramatic. I did get what I needed numbers-wise from Casa and I learned a lot of kick-ass skills.

It did not go by fast. In fact, time stood still. I felt like I was there for a year.

It was beyond awesome to be back with midwives and I was really lucky to have a killer group of students there with me. And an awesome resident who was one of the best teachers I've ever had and possibly the funniest person I've ever met.

My shifts were so busy I almost peed my pants a few times but I still managed to keep abreast of how tired I was.



No comments:

Post a Comment